OpenBLAS fails to compile

Uli Wienands wienands at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 23:20:16 UTC 2020

This is on OS-X 10.6.8, Macports 2.6.1.

I am trying to get py37-numpy installed. One dependency is OpenBLAS
which fails to build. It looks like I am running into the same error Ken
already reported:58832. This has to do with 64-bit mode.

Per the stats on the Macports website, open BLAS does build in 32-bit
mode on 10.6. Soo... how do I make it do that?? I don't see any variant
that looks like that. Also, I assume that the whole of numpy  has to be
32 bit for this to work... or?

The thing is: I have numpy working with python 3.6 (well, it imports & a
very cursory test suggests it is not totally broken). So there does seem
to be a way to build it on this system.

Uli