I need an updated MinIO, but the Portfile is a direct GitHub fetch. How do I update it?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Jan 27 08:27:09 UTC 2020

On Jan 25, 2020, at 08:34, Gerben Wierda wrote:

> How do I update the MinIo Portfile so it fetches and compiles RELEASE.2020-01-25T02-50-51Z?
>
> This is different from source .tar.gz downloads and such and I cannot find instructions on how to do this.

Not sure what you mean. The MinIO Portfile does download a .tar.gz.

The port has a long history. You can look at it on GitHub:

https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/commits/master/www/minio/Portfile

You can see how previous updates were performed. Here is the most recent:

https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/commit/bec9373f900ef6dcee6c40946933f3f3952bbdb6

Also, the port has a maintainer, so you can just file a ticket asking them to update the port.