Building emacs-27 from source with AppKit, X windows, Gtk+ toolkit support...?

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 01:37:40 UTC 2020

> On Jun 5, 2020, at 5:25 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
>
> Sure, there could be such a script.
>
> I might suggest that, instead of requiring you to run each build command as a subcommand of that script, you might just make the script export those variables. Then the user only needs to run the script once per shell.

yes, even better...

I’ll do a bit of experimenting. You would want the "sudo make install" to pick up your prefix, but not the MacPorts prefix.

On the other hand, you don’t want to pollute your usual macports install commands.

And then if anyone could ever figure out how to (easily) use MacPorts libs with an Xcode project, that would be a miracle. I bet not 1 person in 10,000 knows how to do that.

There is a reason that homebrew, with all it’s warts, has been popular.

Ken