How to install on 10.15 with deployment target as 10.13?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Jun 26 08:33:53 UTC 2020

On Jun 26, 2020, at 00:22, Ken Cunningham wrote:

> I believe you will have to compile your software built on 10.15 and to be deployed on earlier systems with:
>
> configure.cflags-append -fno-stack-check
> configure.cxxflags-append -fno-stack-check
>
> to disable the now-default stack-checking feature used in Xcode 11.

Hmm. If that's true, MacPorts doesn't support that yet. There isn't a supported way for users to modify the cflags/cxxflags ports use by default. If those flags really are necessary for software compiled on 10.15 to run on < 10.15, then perhaps MacPorts base should add those flags to the default flags if the deployment target is set to < 10.15 when on a 10.15+ system.