Login shell

Christoph Kukulies kuku at kukulies.org
Thu May 7 15:38:13 UTC 2020

I don’t know if that belongs into macports, but I believe a lot of problems (I currently have) with PATHs may be, that Catalina (?) changed the login shell from sh (bash) to zsh (or am I wrong with this)?

Where do I change the users’  lofin shell. Unixwise I would say in /etc/passwd, but I don’t find any (my) username there.

For instance my anaconda3 installation was totally spoiled after updating to Catalina.

For the fun of it I started bash, did a . .bash_profile and started

conda update —prefix /opt/anaconda3  anaconda

and lo and behold, I received a smooth update in that window.

Would the world be better for me if I go back to bash login shell? And why did Catalina cause such a mess?

—
Christoph