X11 no longer working

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat May 9 21:39:04 UTC 2020

On May 9, 2020, at 07:07, Christoph Kukulies wrote:

> :info:build clang: warning: no such sysroot directory: '/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX10.15.sdk' [-Wmissing-sysroot]

MacPorts expects that you have a versioned macOS SDK in the command line tools (or in Xcode, if the port in question specifies that it requires Xcode).

We have seen several reports of users whose command line tools installations only have MacOSX.sdk, not the versioned one. We do not know why.

If you haven't already done it per the recommendations earlier in this thread, I suggest you reinstall the command line tools. Having done that recently on our Catalina buildbot worker after upgrading it to Xcode 11.4.1, it has both MacOSX10.15.sdk and MacOSX10.14.sdk as real directories and MacOSX.sdk as a symlink pointing to MacOSX10.15.sdk, so hopefully after reinstalling the CLT that's what you see on your system too.