Login shell

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Sun May 10 07:28:24 UTC 2020

> I'd be interested in any experience running Linux software directly on macOS, without installing Linux.

your best bet is to see what you'd like, and see if someone has made it work on macports; there is a lot, really. the very latest Apache2 runs on everything back to Tiger PPC for example.

On the wildly-experimental front, a maybe-might-run-something compatability layer was just added to macports. The idea is to run ELF linux binaries directly on macOS. You are certain to run into some issues, but look into noah:

port info noah