SoapySDR Port Not Installing Python Bindings

Kraus, Nicholas NKraus at idevicesinc.com
Thu May 14 14:42:53 UTC 2020

Installing the SoapySDR port (with +python37, version 0.7.2_0) does not actually install the python bindings. Running ‘import SoapySDR’ in python (version 3.7.7) raises a ModuleNotFoundError.

No python files are found within the port contents for SoapySDR. Unfortunately the SoapySDR port doesn’t seem to provide any logs (‘port log’ returns no log found for SoapySDR), so I’m not sure where to start debugging this, as I don’t know how to view any of the actual build outputs.

I’m running on MacOS 10.15.4, macports version 2.6.2. Please let me know if there’s anything else I should be trying, or if anyone knows what is going wrong.

Thanks, Nick