evince build as prerequisite to Denemo compile

David Richmond bassoonist at gmail.com
Sat May 16 22:53:17 UTC 2020

Hi all,

I am trying to compile Denemo [1] on MacOS 10.15.4. Denemo has not had an
updated MacPort for several years. I got all the dependencies to build
except for evince, which appears to be otherwise rarely used and has an
open bug 60407 [2] to which I attached a full log showing the compile error:

EvinceView-3.0.gir
:info:build ev-document-model.h:57:
:info:build ev-document-model.h:33: Fatal: EvinceView: Namespace conflict
for 'document_model_get_type'
:info:build ev-document-model.h:33: Fatal: EvinceView: Namespace conflict
for 'document_model_get_type'
:info:build make[3]: *** [EvinceView-3.0.gir] Error 1

While I do not (yet) consider myself sufficiently knowledgable to act on
the following information, it appears (via GNOME [3], Debian [4]) that
version 3.30 or even 3.36 might be reasonable updates to the 3.28 that
MacPorts is trying to compile. Might this fix the compile error without too
much trouble?

[1] http://denemo.org/hacking-sources/
[2] https://trac.macports.org/ticket/60407
[3] http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/evince/