Processes getting wedged in "U" (uninterruptible wait) state after Security Update 2020-003

Greg Earle earle at isolar.DynDNS.ORG
Fri May 29 10:09:43 UTC 2020

On 28 May 2020, at 17:56, Franco Vaccari wrote:

> Since I’ve SIP enabled and no problems, maybe give it a try and
> enable it… Who knows…
>
> And if you use Console app, you can filter by process name or PID to
> (maybe) find the messages related to your troubles

Update:

I've found a post on a Hackintosh site that describes the issue exactly:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-taskgated-service-exited-with-abnormal-code-2.263859/

Every 10 seconds I was getting these error messages in
"/var/log/system.log":

May 29 02:49:05 whdmac com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]
(com.apple.taskgated[394]): Service exited with abnormal code: 2
May 29 02:49:05 whdmac com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.taskgated):
Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.

I took the poster's advice and unloaded the 2 "taskgated" LaunchDaemons
and now my MacPorts binaries are working again.  I have no idea why
Security Update 2020-003 broke this particular Mac's "taskgated" but
like the poster it looks like I'll probably have to re-install Mojave to
try and fix it.

Thanks to Franco Vaccari and Prokash Sinha for their kind responses.

	- Greg