Processes getting wedged in "U" (uninterruptible wait) state after Security Update 2020-003

Prokash Sinha prokashs at gmail.com
Fri May 29 14:04:09 UTC 2020

First, I'm not sure how they are parsing . I see -sp, but the help is
showing -ps. Here is a link for this
---https://www.manpagez.com/man/8/taskgated/

You know that taskgated is a daemon launched by launchctl service -
which more like crond. Now comes the - task_for_pid () functionality.
>From 10.14 Apple did restrict accesses to XPC ports, which is the core
IPC on darwin. Basically any program tries to access task_for_pid()
will fail from that version onward, but in this case SIP is disabled
the booting from a different image ( internally). ___ So I think Apple
made a mistake while they were pushing out the beta. It's not unusual.
I've seen many times.

Catalina ( 10.15.N) will have more restrictions, 10.16 will have
different 3rd party supports ( kext, kernel pseudo drivers will not be
loaded, unless they allow, based on specific notarization - yet to be
seen ).

So if your machines are being used ( or a part of some infrastructure
) by many people, backup/downtime/migration/etc seems to be logical
path.

~pro