Processes getting wedged in "U" (uninterruptible wait) state after Security Update 2020-003

Prokash Sinha prokashs at gmail.com
Fri May 29 15:07:01 UTC 2020

Yes indeed, Ryan...

Usage: taskgated [-ps] [-t seconds] [-i pid]

Jinbors-MacBook-Air:LaunchDaemons prokash$ sw_vers

ProductName: Mac OS X

ProductVersion: 10.15.5

BuildVersion: 19F62f

Frankly speaking, I burnt my finger tackling some of these from a
kernel developer's perspective. get_task_for_pid() etc.

As I mentioned, a beta pushed out in the morning and another in the
eventing of the same day, make huge difference. Since tailgate daemon
is theirs, I think they made a mistake. If someones systems work,
another's don't, best way to look at the BuildVersion of the patch
applied.

Macports, brew, jams, autotools, gnu gcc  etc., can get broken some
time, and more so from July this year. VMware Fusion was broken for
sometime when they pushed 10.15 out in the market.

iPhone OS's security area is being brought down to other OS they have.

~pro