failure to link most programs on Leopard

Riccardo Mottola riccardo.mottola at libero.it
Sun Nov 29 11:57:31 UTC 2020

Hi,

On 2020-11-14 20:38:43 +0000 Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:

> On Nov 14, 2020, at 14:31, Ken Cunningham wrote:
>
>> I’m not positive, but I think at one point in time macports base added
>> this flag to most or all builds, but that went by the wayside when most
>> builds became 64bit intel.
>
> I have no recollection of that being the case, and searching the
> macports-base repository via the GitHub web interface for read_only_relocs
> gives me no hits. We try not to break compatibility with older systems in
> MacPorts base.

I appreciate not trying to build things... Just at the beginning of this year everything was very smooth, now we have iccups, but I bet we can solve them.
It is actually impressive what MacPorts deliver to these "older system" which Apple and sometimes even upstream declared abandoned.

Maybe it wasn't that flag, but somethign which caused that... I'll see how 10.5/x86_64 will do

Riccardo