rebuild a package without an update

Riccardo Mottola riccardo.mottola at libero.it
Sun Nov 29 12:24:46 UTC 2020

Hi,

On 2020-11-17 00:30:33 +0000 Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org>
wrote:

> On Nov 16, 2020, at 17:58, Riccardo Mottola wrote:

>> Here were are in the situation that if, for some upstream reason,
>> libxml2
>> stops compiling with gcc 4.2, the user has no workaround and is
>> stuck in an
>> endless dependency.
>
> If such a situation were to arise, then indeed we would want to do
> something
> about it. We do have automated build machines for Mac OS X 10.6 and
> later so
> if such a situation did arise we would probably notice it on the
> build
> machines. As far as I know, we do not have such a situation at
> present.

No, luckily we don't - some packages still compile with Apple system.

The only issue is that to do that build of libxml2 successfully, I had
to deactivate all clang compilers. Something similar I had to do more
recently to compile gcc48 and gcc6, although coming from a different
error).

Maybe a 10.5 autobuilder wouldn't be a bad idea, 32bit.

Riccardo