failure to link most programs on Leopard

Riccardo Mottola riccardo.mottola at libero.it
Sun Nov 29 12:33:48 UTC 2020

Hi,

On 2020-11-14 22:29:52 +0000 Ken Cunningham <ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com> wrote:

>> On Nov 14, 2020, at 1:39 PM, Jeffrey Walton <noloader at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> You can disable Clang's integrated assembler with -no-integrated-as,
>> if needed. I've had to use it several times because Clang cannot
>> consume the same programs as GCC even though Clang defines __GNUC__.
>
>> Jeff
>
> However, our “cctools” port modifications have changed the “as”
> driver to send the assembly right back to “clang” again (if clang >= 5.0
> is installed) …
>
> I’m not sure how this loop would end up, in the end — I have not tested
> that one.

perhaps this cctools modification is too much. DO you remember why it was done in the first place?

I'd be more inclined to say if you use clang, use clang assembler, if you use gcc, gas. That's usually what I do on linux when I have issues. Mixing the two issues just causes stranger issues (allt he mess we have when building TenFourFox or ArcticFox where sub-projects seem to work better with another compiler)

Riccardo