Failed to build graphviz: command execution failed

Michael Newman mgnewman at mac.com
Fri Sep 4 00:05:15 UTC 2020

> On Sep 4, 2020, at 05:51, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
>
>> Warning: cltversion: For a possible fix, please see: https://trac.macports.org/wiki/ProblemHotlist#reinstall-clt <https://trac.macports.org/wiki/ProblemHotlist#reinstall-clt>
>
> Follow the instructions at that URL.

Thank you. Graphviz built after updating the command line tools.

I'm still not sure why this didn't work:

MrMuscle:~ mnewman$ xcode-select --install
xcode-select: error: command line tools are already installed, use "Software Update" to install updates

But, after doing that, Software Update didn't find any updates available.

My browser history shows that after graphviz failed to build I visited:

> https://trac.macports.org/wiki/ProblemHotlist#reinstall-clt <https://trac.macports.org/wiki/ProblemHotlist#reinstall-clt>
But my bash history doesn't go back far enough to show me what went wrong the first time I tried that.

Thanks again for your help. As you may have discovered, I need primary school level instructions.

Mike