Apple ARM binary codesign issue

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 19:52:25 UTC 2020

On 2020-09-22, at 11:58 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> I hope that Apple fixes their toolchain to work without such intervention.

I believe this may ultimately come under the category of "intended behaviour".

I can understand why they would want these changes to invalidate the signature.

I suspect we'll have to find a way to re-sign them after making such changes.

In addition, we may not find that automatically doing it by wrapping our strip or install_name_tool with codesigners is suitably secure.

Ken