Failure to upgrade outdated

list_email at icloud.com list_email at icloud.com
Wed Sep 23 10:42:54 UTC 2020

I had not changed anything in my Macports installation for a long time. Then I got to messing around with AquaTerm and something in the linking stage kept crashing, so naturally I decided to freshen up my MacPorts set-up. Here’s what happened. I have no idea what to do.

macOS 10.11.6

Thanks for any help.

Jerry

MBPro-2:Aquaterm_Downloaded_September_2020 me$ sudo port selfupdate
Password:
--->  Updating MacPorts base sources using rsync
MacPorts base version 2.6.2 installed,
MacPorts base version 2.6.3 downloaded.
--->  Updating the ports tree
--->  MacPorts base is outdated, installing new version 2.6.3
Warning: Disabling readline support due to readline in /usr/local
Installing new MacPorts release in /opt/local as root:admin; permissions 0755

The ports tree has been updated. To upgrade your installed ports, you should run
  port upgrade outdated
You haven't run 'sudo port reclaim' in two weeks. It's recommended you run this regularly to reclaim disk space. Would you like to run it now? [Y/n]: n
MBPro-2:Aquaterm_Downloaded_September_2020 me$ port upgrade outdated
Error: Insufficient privileges to write to MacPorts install prefix.
MBPro-2:Aquaterm_Downloaded_September_2020 me$ sudo port upgrade outdated
Password:
--->  Computing dependencies for libgcc10
--->  Fetching archive for libgcc10
--->  Attempting to fetch libgcc10-10.2.0_1.darwin_15.x86_64.tbz2 from https://packages.macports.org/libgcc10
--->  Attempting to fetch libgcc10-10.2.0_1.darwin_15.x86_64.tbz2.rmd160 from https://packages.macports.org/libgcc10
--->  Installing libgcc10 @10.2.0_1
--->  Activating libgcc10 @10.2.0_1
Error: Failed to activate libgcc10: Image error: /opt/local/lib/libgcc/libatomic.1.dylib is being used by the active libgcc port.  Please deactivate this port first, or use 'port -f activate libgcc10' to force the activation.
Error: See /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_lang_gcc10/libgcc10/main.log for details.
Error: Problem while installing libgcc10
Error: Follow https://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets to report a bug.
MBPro-2:Aquaterm_Downloaded_September_2020 me$