ImageMagick port outdated

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 21:26:09 UTC 2020

Fred, part of the issue is how a user would call the tools needed. IMv6 has
separate programs: identify, convert, mogrify, compare, composite, montage,
and these are just the main ones. IMv7 regroups all these called by
“magick”, but that is also a (little-used) program name in IMv6 with a
different function. As the syntax has also changed with IMv7, this gets
complicated quickly. A possible comparison is with the GNU utilities:
ggrep, gawk instead of grep, awk... unless user chooses priority for GNU
versions

Sean