Apple ARM binary codesign issue

Andrew Udvare audvare at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 04:48:25 UTC 2020

> On 2020-09-29, at 15:02, Michael Dickens <michaelld at macports.org> wrote:
>
> Excellent! Thanks for the heads-up. I've downloaded this file and will get it installed and start testing later today. - MLD
>
> On Tue, Sep 29, 2020, at 2:47 PM, Gary Palter wrote:
>> Apple today released Xcode 12.2 beta 2 and the Release Notes state
>>> Apple Clang Compiler
>>> Resolved Issues
>>> 	• Fixed an issue that caused strip, install_name_tool and vtool to corrupt the ad-hoc code signatures generated by the linker for arm64 Mach-O files. (51911417)
>>
>>   - Gary Palter
>>     Principal Software Engineer
>>     Clozure Associates
>>     Cell:  617-947-0536

Hi,

If you get a chance, could you try compiling this on your Apple Silicon device?

https://github.com/Tatsh/re3/tree/macos (part of this PR https://github.com/GTAmodding/re3/pull/734)

Once you clone it (with git clone --recurse-submodules --branch=macos):

cd re3
port install --unrequested premake5 openal-soft glew glfw mpg123 libsndfile (if this step fails, stop here and let me know)
premake5 --with-librw gmake2
cd build
make config=release_macosx-amd64-librw_gl3_glfw-oal -j5

Just want to see the output and find out if it can build successfully. Does not need the GTAIII game anywhere to build.

Thanks