does osxfuse and encfs work in 10.15 (catalina)?

Uwe Brauer oub at mat.ucm.es
Fri Apr 9 12:33:47 UTC 2021

Hi

I started to use a macbook air running catalina (10.15) and installed
first of all fink.

It took some time to install encfs and osxfuse (currently version 2.7)
however when I want to use encfs on a specific directory I obtain

,----
[+]
| EncFS Password:
| /opt/sw/lib/osxfusefs.fs/Support/osxfusefs.kext failed to load -
| (libkern/kext) not loadable (reason unspecified); check the
| system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).
| the OSXFUSE file system is not available (71)
| fuse failed.  Common problems:
|  - fuse kernel module not installed (modprobe fuse)
|  - invalid options -- see usage message
| EncFS Password:

`----

According to the fink team this is (partially) caused by the fact that
10.15 locked down a lot of system features, including kernel extensions.

So my question is, does encfs and osxfuse work in Macports?

Thanks

Uwe Brauer