Getting python3.8 with macports

Lenore Horner LenoreHorner at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 16 22:43:06 UTC 2021

Even when I don’t know much about a port’s name, usually port search blah where blah is some guess at a name returns enough that I can figure out what I was really looking for.  (R is annoying though if I forget to put a space in the search).  For instance port search python 3.8 pulls up somethings with py38 in the name which suggests trying with no spaces.  Or port search python gets a lot of stuff but in there show up python37, python38, python39 etc.
Lenore