Binary archive for mpich-default is available but not used

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Sat Apr 24 09:22:08 UTC 2021

On 24/04/2021 10.42, Davide Liessi wrote:
> I'm trying to install mpich-default with default variants on macOS 10.13.6.
> The package is available at http://packages.macports.org/mpich-default/
> but port is refusing to install from the prebuilt binary.
>
> $ sudo port -b install mpich-default
> --->  Computing dependencies for mpich-default
> Error: Failed to archivefetch mpich-default: Binary-only mode
> requested with no usable archive sites configured
> Error: See /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_macports-git_macports-ports_science_mpich/mpich-default/main.log
> for details.
> Error: Follow https://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets to report a bug.
> Error: Processing of port mpich-default failed
>
> main.log attached, but I cannot see anything meaningful in there with
> respect to this problem.
>
> I have just updated many other ports in binary-only mode without any problems.
> Any ideas?

The mpich-default port clears the archive_sites which will prevent the lookup of
binary archives for download. That is why no download attempt is in the provided
log excerpt. The buildbots are not aware of this and will publish these archives
after building, but they will never be found.

https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/blob/7541d508815705d370fbe619b3a407e30963edf1/science/mpich/Portfile#L223

Rainer