Error: Failed to build source-highlight: command execution failed

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Apr 29 21:58:56 UTC 2021

On Apr 29, 2021, at 10:54, tom eee wrote:

> Hello Ryan,  I have been watching the ticket 59258 that you associated with my problem and it is not quite clear to me whether I am being asked to do something with boost.  Please update me with how I should proceed.  Thank you, Tom

In that ticket, I asked you to run:

port -v installed boost

However, since we also see the problem on our 10.7 build machine, that suggests it's not a problem with your machine, so the results of the above command may not turn out to be useful.

In that ticket, René mentioned that building source-highlight with a newer compiler worked for him. So you could try running:

sudo port clean source-highlight
sudo port -s install source-highlight configure.compiler=macports-clang-9.0

If that works, let us know; it at least gives us a workaround we can apply to the port until the developers respond to the upstream bug report I filed.