MacPorts for High Sierra?

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Sun Aug 29 20:40:21 UTC 2021

On Sun, 15 Aug 2021, Ken Cunningham wrote:

> No — but there is a brand spanking new version of MacPorts that runs on
> High Sierra. I am in fact using it right at this second, and it works
> just great.

Now running here.

> MacPorts doesn’t require BigSur; it runs on everything from Tiger PPC up.

My mistake; I ran:

mackie:~ dave$ sudo port selfupdate
Error: Current platform "darwin 17" does not match expected platform "darwin 16"
Error: If you upgraded your OS, please follow the migration instructions: https://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration
OS platform mismatch
     while executing
     "mportinit ui_options global_options global_variations"
     Error: /opt/local/bin/port: Failed to initialize MacPorts, OS platform mismatch

and somehow thought that it required Big Sur.  Plainly I need to read it more
carefully :-(

Now to install the latest MacPorts...

-- Dave