Failure to activate

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Dec 21 09:38:05 UTC 2021

On Dec 20, 2021, at 09:12, dan d. wrote:

> Recently I have increasingly begun to get the failure to activate on installs and upgrades.  It prompts to use the "-f activate portname"
> approach.  This begins but never finishes; requiring a control-c to stop it.

You usually should not force a port activation. You should usually choose the other alternative presented in the error message (deactivate the conflicting port).

Please show us specifically which messages you are getting (which ports are giving the message, and which other ports they seem to be conflicting with).