macOS security update has changed some permissions for apache2 server...?

Carlo Tambuatco oraclmaster at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 16:35:34 UTC 2021

> On Feb 2, 2021, at 11:22 AM, Marius Schamschula <lists at schamschula.com> wrote:
>
> OK. It isn’t by default.
>
> Are you using extra/httpd-manual.conf, i.e. have it included from http.conf, or are you using the default settings?
>
> The only other thing I can think of is that somewhere in the /opt/local/www/apache2/manual path there are some incorrect permissions.

in httpd.conf I have:

# Local access to the Apache HTTP Server Manual
Include /private/etc/apache2/extra/httpd-manual.conf

and this is what my httpd-manual.conf looks like:

AliasMatch ^/manual(?:/(?:da|de|en|es|fr|ja|ko|pt-br|ru|tr|zh-cn))?(/.*)?$ "/Library/WebServer/share/httpd/manual$1"

<Directory "/Library/WebServer/share/httpd/manual">
    Options Indexes
    AllowOverride None
    Require all granted

    <Files *.html>
        SetHandler type-map
    </Files>

    # .tr is text/troff in mime.types!
    RemoveType tr

    # Traditionally, used .dk filename extension for da language
    AddLanguage da .da

    SetEnvIf Request_URI ^/manual/(da|de|en|es|fr|ja|ko|pt-br|ru|tr|zh-cn)/ prefer-language=$1
    RedirectMatch 301 ^/manual(?:/(da|de|en|es|fr|ja|ko|pt-br|ru|tr|zh-cn)){2,}(/.*)?$ /manual/$1$2

    # Reflect the greatest effort in translation (most content available),
    # inferring greater attention to detail (potentially false assumption,
    # counting translations presently in-sync would be more helpful.)
    # Use caution counting; safest pattern is '*.xml.XX'. Recent .xml source
    # document count: 266 214 110 94 82 25 22    18     4  1  1
    LanguagePriority   en  fr  ko ja tr es de zh-cn pt-br da ru
    ForceLanguagePriority Prefer Fallback
</Directory>