SDK does not appear to be installed

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Thu Feb 4 00:44:55 UTC 2021

Gary Palter wrote:
> The release notes for Xcode 12.4 state that it includes the 11.1 SDK. Apparently, there’s no version of Xcode with an 11.2 SDK. (Xcode 12.5 has the 11.3 SDK.)

Right. At the time MacPorts 2.6.4 was released, it wasn't entirely clear
how the SDK versions (and OS versions) were going to progress now. So it
incorrectly assumes that the version in the SDK name that should be used
will match the first two segments of the OS version, which is how it
worked on previous macOS releases.

This will be fixed in an upcoming release. In the meantime, it's safe to
ignore the warning as long as you have the latest Xcode and Command Line
Tools, since MacPorts will fall back to using MacOSX.sdk.

Ensuring you have the latest Command Line Tools can actually be
challenging due to the Apple bug documented here:
<https://trac.macports.org/wiki/ProblemHotlist#reinstall-clt>

I don't know if it's fixed on Bug Sur, but the CLT receipt disappeared
again with the latest Catalina security update.

- Josh