updating TeX Live

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Fri Feb 12 01:37:04 UTC 2021

On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 at 22:34, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:

> Hi, is there a possibility to update the MacPorts version of TeX Live 2020?

It depends on whether you are willing to wait for TeX Live 2021, or
willing to volunteer to create devel subports yourself. See:
    https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/tree/master/tex

Otherwise ... not really.

> (I’m debugging at a customer’s LaTeX project, colleagues and build server have different versions of TeX Live 2020. I installed the MacPorts version because I needed it as a dependency anyway, but now I’d need an update, and I don’t dare to just overwrite anything in /opt/local/)

If you need the latest version, go for
http://www.tug.org/texlive/acquire-netinstall.html or MacTeX.

Mojca