Py38-spyder missing dependancy

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Jan 1 09:38:06 UTC 2021

On Dec 31, 2020, at 18:04, Tom Gederberg wrote:

> Sorry, if this is not the proper place to report this - I’m new at this.

Thanks for letting us know! The issue tracker is the correct place to report it.

https://trac.macports.org/newticket

> I have installed py38-spyder @4.1.4_1 and when I try running it, I get the warning/error below about a missing dependancy of parso.
>
> <Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 3.29.25 PM.png>
>
> I do have py38-parso @0.8.0_1 installed.

spyder evidently requires exactly parso 0.7.0, not earlier or later.

Whoever updated parso to 0.8.0 must not have realized that spyder required the earlier version.

The MacPorts maintainers of spyder and maybe parso should figure out how best to resolve that in MacPorts.