Xcode for old Macbook Pro

Richard L. Hamilton rlhamil at smart.net
Sun Jan 10 19:54:08 UTC 2021

Xcode 9.2 is the last one for Sierra (although I don't know if it's the best choice for use with MacPorts). That and various other versions are available at https://developer.apple.com/download/more/ <https://developer.apple.com/download/more/>

You need a developer account, but a free one; a paid one is not required for that. Just try your Apple-ID and password.  The command line tools are also there, as a separate download.