XQuartz and xorg-server

Peter West lists at pbw.id.au
Thu Jan 21 09:59:42 UTC 2021

Looking at the autoconf m4 files from /opt/local/share/autoconf/autoconf, I find two with lists of X11. autoconf.m4f, a generated file, and libs.m4, from which I assume autoconf.m4f was generated, have the following lists of X11 directories.
ac_x_header_dirs='
/usr/X11/include
/usr/X11R7/include
/usr/X11R6/include
/usr/X11R5/include
/usr/X11R4/include

/usr/include/X11
/usr/include/X11R7
/usr/include/X11R6
/usr/include/X11R5
/usr/include/X11R4

/usr/local/X11/include
/usr/local/X11R7/include
/usr/local/X11R6/include
/usr/local/X11R5/include
/usr/local/X11R4/include

/usr/local/include/X11
/usr/local/include/X11R7
/usr/local/include/X11R6
/usr/local/include/X11R5
/usr/local/include/X11R4

/usr/X386/include
/usr/x386/include
/usr/XFree86/include/X11

/usr/include
/usr/local/include
/usr/unsupported/include
/usr/athena/include
/usr/local/x11r5/include
/usr/lpp/Xamples/include

/usr/openwin/include
/usr/openwin/share/include'

No /opt/local directories here. Is this a limitation that can be overriden in arguments to configure? I tried

autoconf -B /opt/local/include/X11 -B /opt/local/lib

but the configure comes out the same size, and when run tells me X11 not found.

Does the libs.m4 need to be tweaked?

Peter

--
Peter West
pbw at pbw.id.au
And whenever the unclean spirits saw him, they fell down before him and cried out, “You are the Son of God.”