Desolate Condition ==> ImageMagick 7.x requests

Richard L. Hamilton rlhamil at smart.net
Tue Jan 26 17:50:42 UTC 2021

The first Bad Idea reason I imagine is if some port(s) that depend on ImageMagick don't play nice with the latest version, to the point where having them work is preferable to having ImageMagick be current.

A counter-argument would be HEIF support (which a quick google suggests was added in ImageMagick 7.0.7-22).

For a number of ports, there is the ability to have multiple versions installed at once; or rather, separate ports for different versions, using distinct pathnames, and often a way to select which is the default. Depending on difficulty, I'd wonder if that would be an option, absent a cleaner solution.