Port clean, but just for destroot?

Jim DeLaHunt list+macports-users at jdlh.com
Mon Jul 12 23:19:15 UTC 2021

Is there a command like "port clean", but which just reverses the effect
of "port destroot" but does not reverse the effect of "port build"?

I am developing a portfile, and I'm at the stage where I debug the
destroot and post-destroot activities. I want a way to be able to change
the Portfile and retry "port destroot", without having to do the
configure and build phases over again.

Here is what has not worked:

 1. Edit Portfile, then command "sudo port destroot myport". MacPorts
    notices that the Portfile has changed, does a "port clean", and then
    redoes the configure and build phases unnecessarily.
 2. Edit Portfile, then command "sudo port -o destroot myport". MacPorts
    disregards the change to the Portfile, but also thinks that the
    destroot is complete, so does nothing.
 3. Delete $(port work myport)/destroot/ dir, then command "sudo port
    destroot myport". MacPorts appears not to notice that the destroot/
    dir is gone.
 4. Edit Portfile, then command "sudo port clean --archive myport", then
    command "sudo port -o destroot myport". Same MacPorts behaviour as
    without the "port clean --archive".

Is there a way to avoid the tedium of unnecessary configure and build
phases?

Best regards,
      —Jim DeLaHunt