Fwd: GIMP | Argument -Wimplicit-function-declaration incompatible with Mac M1 arm64? (#6954)

Peter West pbw at pbw.id.au
Fri Jun 11 00:47:16 UTC 2021

As advised by some previous messages regarding -Wimplicit-function-declaration, I reported this to Gimp bugs, and I received the reply below.

As mentioned in the response, gimp2 built for me, but hung on startup.

There’s a question here about the use of gimp-macos-build scripts and jhbuild, which I cannot answer.

Should this question go onto the dev list?

I am reluctant to get into the weeds of the gimp build, as I’ve never built anything complex on Mac before, but if no-one else is in a position to do so, I may have to. Any other M1 users who would like to see Gimp native, please put your hand up.

—
Peter West
pbw at ehealth.id.au
“…whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire.”