apache doc folder permissions problem

Jeff Greenberg listmail.ayendesigns at gmail.com
Sun Jun 13 00:37:10 UTC 2021

How about the permissions on the Sites folder?

On Jun 12, 2021, at 20:24, Murray Eisenberg <murrayeisenberg at gmail.com> wrote:

For the Macports apache2 installation, I’m using a non-default location for my web sites. The httpd.conf includes a httpd-vhosts.conf file, and the latter includes entries such as:

<VirtualHost *:80>
    DocumentRoot "/Users/me/Sites/MyHomePage"
    ServerName MyHomePage.local
    ServerAlias www.MyHomePage.local
    ErrorLog  "var/log/apache2/me-MyHomePageerror_log"
    CustomLog "var/log/apache2/me-MyHomePage-access_log" common
    <Directory /Users/murray/Sites/MyHomePage>
       Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
       Require all granted
   </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

And in my /private/etc/hosts I include the lines:

127.0.0.1	localhost
255.255.255.255	broadcasthost
::1             localhost
fe80::1%lo0	localhost
127.0.0.1	me-html.local
127.0.0.1	MyHomePage.local

When I start apache and try to open the site MyHomePage.local, i get error:

	Forbidden You don't have permission to access this resource.

The permissions on /Users/me/Sites/MyHomePage are:

	drwxr-xr-x@ 92 me  staff 2944 Apr 10 2015 MyHomePage

and the permissions for /Users/me/Sites/MyHomePage/index.html are:

	-rw-r--r--@ 1 me  staff 8331 Apr 10 2015 index.html

What’s wrong?
---
Murray Eisenberg			murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
503 King Farm Blvd #101
Rockville, MD 20850-6667	Mobile (413)-427-5334