MacPorts and /opt/local on Catalina and Big Sur read only volumes

Tabitha McNerney tabithamc at gmail.com
Sun Jun 27 05:36:48 UTC 2021

Thank you Bjarne, this is great to know especially for those of us lagging
somewhat and getting ourselves more acquainted with the new volume formats
of Catalina and Big Sur, with Monterrey in the works. I would not be
surprised if Apple included the opt directory in /System/Volumes/Data
thanks in large part to MacPorts having a very long history of using /opt
and if I recall correctly Apple has long been supportive of MacPorts. What
a nice thing to learn today, making for a lovely day, in a world full of
noise and chaos. Have a great day and stay well.

-TM