Forcing python39 on M1

Peter West pbw at pbw.id.au
Fri Mar 12 09:36:09 UTC 2021

Having heard that python39 is the only one (so far) to compile natively on M1, I’m trying to force the python ports I use to python39, by creating a local repo and modifying the Portfiles.

I ran intoa brick wall with gexiv2, which was because the g-ir-* python files were specifying python38. I tried building gobject-introspection with 39, but fails. I don’t know whether I can classify this as a bug and make a report. In any case, has anyone else been tinkering with python39 builds on M1?

—
pbw at ehealth.id.au
“But if it is by the finger of God that I cast out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.”