"port install meld" does not yield working executable

Tong Sun suntong001 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 20:57:03 UTC 2021

On Tue, Mar 16, 2021 at 2:55 PM joerg van den hoff <veedeehjay at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 16.03.21 19:48, Ruben Di Battista wrote:
> > Are you up to date with the ports?
> >
> > - sudo port selfupdate
> > - sudo port upgrade outdated
>
> yes (as of this afternoon: I was waiting for a fix to the pulseaudio port
> which happened today (my
> thanks to the maintainer!), so I did the above a couple of hours ago. and
> afterwards the
> `port install meld' (which I had uninstalled previously during the
> pulseaudio/webkit-gtk hickup)

 I don't know what the problem is, but I can tell you that meld works for
me *out of the box*, without any tweaking.

I double-checked just now, I can confirm that I'm getting the
following errors as well. So, that's not the problem why your meld is not
working.

(meld:15521): Gtk-*WARNING* **: 16:44:29.514: Locale not supported by C
library.

Using the fallback 'C' locale.

dbus[15521]: Dynamic session lookup supported but failed: launchd did not
provide a socket path, verify that org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is
loaded!

My OS: Mac Catalina

$ sw_vers

ProductName:       Mac OS X

ProductVersion: 10.15.7

BuildVersion:   19H524

$ port -q info --category --name --version meld
textproc, devel
meld
3.21.0

BTW,
This is my environment, i.e., I don't know where that locale error is
coming from. Anybody knows?

$ env | grep -Ei 'locale|LANG'

LANG=C