conflicting versions of gdk-pixbuf2

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 16:30:48 UTC 2021

I’m installing the non-MacPorts application coq “platform”, which uses various MacPorts ports and installs those not already installed through the usual MacPorts process.

One of those it needs to install is gtk3, but that installation aborts because it "failed to configure gtk3: gdk-pixbuf2 must be installed without +x11.”

The trouble is that I already have gdk-pixbuf2 +x11 installed, which is uses for inkscape (and several packages on which inkscape depends).

I know that inkscape can be installed with +quartz variant instead of +x11, but I think that will lead to a rabbit-hole of problems for other packages that depend on gdk-pixbuf2 and on which ImageMagick+x11 in turn depends.
(In turn, pstoedit depends on ImageMagick, and octave depends on pstoedit; specifically, I have octave @6.2.0_1+accelerate+app+docs+gfortran+graphicsmagick+qt5+sound+sundials).

How might it be possible to proceed ?

---
Murray Eisenberg			murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
503 King Farm Blvd #101
Rockville, MD 20850-6667	Mobile (413)-427-5334