cMP w/ 256 GB RAM

Bjarne D Mathiesen macintosh at mathiesen.info
Fri Mar 26 13:42:53 UTC 2021

>> With OpenCore it might also be possible to get to 384 MB RAM

Currently, my setup is :
OpenCore + macOS 10.15.7 Catalina
MacPro 2010 (flashed to 5.1)
2 x 3,46 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon
256 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC
2 x 4 TB HDs in DVD bay   - 3.5 GB of which is in AppleRAID-1
4 x 6 TB HDs in the trays - OpenZFS RAIDZ1
ATI Radeon RX 590 8 GB w/ 4 x 1080p

I haven't upgraded to macOS 11 Big Sur yet as OpenZFS on macOS isn't
available yet - we are awating a stable v. 2.0

information here :
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/activate-amd-hardware-acceleration.2180095/page-53?post=28255048#post-28255048
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/crazy-idea-32gb-ram-modules-in-a-cmp-anyone-tried-this.2046693/page-7

I need those 256 GB because I'm virtualising whole server clusters for
testing - both Windows and Linux

--
Bjarne D Mathiesen
Korsør ; Danmark ; Europa