Add CA certificates to OpenSSL chain

Gregory Anders greg at gpanders.com
Mon Mar 29 15:54:20 UTC 2021

Hi all,

Does MacPorts provide a mechanism for adding certificates to the MP
version of OpenSSL?

For example, on a distribution like Ubuntu I can do something like:

     cp my-ca.crt /usr/local/share/ca-certificates/
     sudo update-ca-certificates

There are similar mechanisms for other distros as well.

My system keychain contains some certificates used by my work proxy,
which are (obviously) not in the default CA bundle installed by
MacPorts. Right now, while I'm connected to my work proxy I cannot
connect to anything since the CA is not present in the bundle. I realize
I can just append my CA certificate onto
/opt/local/share/curl/curl-ca-bundle.crt, but I'm wondering if there's a
more "official" or "robust" way.

Thanks,

Greg