Error: Failed to build source-highlight: command execution failed

Riccardo Mottola riccardo.mottola at libero.it
Fri May 7 07:03:27 UTC 2021

Hi,

On 2021-05-01 18:59:16 +0200 Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:

>> I went to Apple Developer to get Xcode 4.3 and the log in screen just spins
>> at me after entering my id and password.
>> So I guess I am just hosed until I can figure out how to get Xcode 4.3.
>
> It would not be surprising for you to be unable to connect to or interact
> with modern web sites using a web browser that works on Mac OS X 10.7, since
> that is so old. If you have a computer running a newer OS, you could download
> a newer Xcode there and transfer it to this computer.

Absolutely! TLS and certificates are the major culprit. A pity apple suppors Safari so little on old MacOS. If you think I got Edge on Windows 7…
Perhaps not in the same league of Crhomium, but I can also reccomment ArcticFox on 10.7. I just tested the current git development and it appears to still cope with downloads at Apple fine.
Being the current main driver behind it, I'm a bit biased.. but I just love how its classic interface looks on 10.7 (and even windows 7, compared to current Quantum FF)

On older sytems, you need to expect to have a couple of apps and juggle them for compatibility, being unsupported.

> It is probably a good idea to update to Xcode 4.6.3 as soon as possible, so
> that any other builds you need to do on your system use the same compiler
> we've tested with so that you don't run into other problems we haven't seen
> before.

Compared to 4.3, it sometimes has troubles displaying documentation (I think it is actually for 10.8 and thus expects a newer WebKit) but for the rest it works fine. I just rebuilt GNUMail with it now.

Riccardo

--
Sent with GNUMail running on MacOS 10.7