Reclaim was not 'safe'

Bill Cole macportsusers-20171215 at billmail.scconsult.com
Wed May 12 18:44:38 UTC 2021

On 2021-05-10 at 12:47:35 UTC-0400 (Mon, 10 May 2021 09:47:35 -0700)
Ken Cunningham <ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com>
is rumored to have said:

>> Isn't that just sudo port setrequested installed
>
> That’s what I’ve always done to avoid this, also having been
> burned by it once years ago:
>
> sudo port setrequested installed

That basically eliminates the first stage of "reclaim" from ever doing
anything, which may not be a bad idea as it currently stands. Also, it
is probably better to use 'active' rather than 'installed' as there's no
point in marking deactivated ports (generally speaking: old versions) as
requested.

--
Bill Cole
bill at scconsult.com or billcole at apache.org