libsndfile on Sierra

Greg Earle earle at isolar.DynDNS.ORG
Wed May 26 04:08:49 UTC 2021

I did a "port self update" to upgrade my Sierra and Mojave systems to
MacPorts 2.7.0 and did a "port upgrade outdated".

All went swimmingly on Mojave but on Sierra, "libsndfile" splatted.  Any
ideas?

Mac-mini:/ root# port installed libsndfile
   libsndfile @1.0.31_0+universal (active)

Mac-mini:/ root# grep -i error[:s]
/opt/local/var/macports/logs/_private_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_macports_release_tarballs_ports_audio_libsndfile/libsndfile/main.log
| wc -l
      303

Lots of complaints about ./src/sfendian.h and other files:

src/aiff.c
src/au.c
src/avr.c
src/caf.c
src/common.c
src/double64.c
src/float32.c
src/pcm.c
src/sndfile.c

(Dunno if the list allows text attachments but in case it does I'll try
to attach the log file.)

Built fine on Mojave.

Mac-Pro:/ root# port installed libsndfile
   libsndfile @1.0.31_1 (active)

Thanks,

		- Greg