provide latest OS root certificates via port?

Al Varnell alvarnell at mac.com
Mon Nov 1 10:00:58 UTC 2021

Sent from my iPad

On Nov 1, 2021, at 00:12, raf <macports at raf.org> wrote:
>> And when I went to https://letsencrypt.org/certs/isrgrootx1.pem
>> to download, it showed up as a .cer instead of a .pem.
>>
>> -Al-
>
> That file is in PEM format.
> Is it just the filename suffix that is of concern, or the format?

Yes, I would expect a direct link to download a file would download a file with that exact file name, including suffix.

> i.e. does it start with "-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----"?
> If so, it can be renamed to isrgrootx1.pem (but it might not matter).

No, it's name was isrgrootx1.cer

> cheers,
> raf

I really have no need for it since the fully up-to-date certificate was already installed on my Mac. Just pointing that out along with the strangeness with the suffix.

-Al-