provide latest OS root certificates via port?

Richard L. Hamilton rlhamil at smart.net
Wed Nov 3 05:56:17 UTC 2021

I tried that too, and it didn't work for me either. Turns out from a comment on that ticket I mentioned previously that mpstats and other MacPorts commands (like "port"?) don't use /usr/bin/curl, they have a tcl binding to (by default, the system version of) libcurl. So replacing the executable doesn't help. I gather one can replace MacPorts (not the ports, but the base installation) with a version compiled from source with an option to use its own curl (or actually libcurl) rather than the system one Looks like a bit of a nuisance to do; apparently there's been long unresolved discussion about whether or not to change the default installation to do that, but while I see the upside to the change (more stuff works on older systems, and their stats  don't go unreported), I haven't seen the downside arguments.

eMail:				mailto:rlhamil at smart.net