Specify UserID and GroupID for MacPorts users, how can I do that?

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Mon Nov 8 20:29:53 UTC 2021

On Mon, 8 Nov 2021, Bjarne D Mathiesen wrote:

> you've got three (3) Terminal commands to manage users directly
> # dscl
> # dsexport
> # dsimport

Which reminds me of a bugbear of mine: every so often on this list I see
hitherto-unknown commands for the Mac (and I've been dealing with Unix and
Unix-like systems for decades).

Another example (from this list) is "security" which leads me to more
obscure commands.

Is there a summary of such commands that all geeks ought to know?

-- Dave