Does MacPorts depend on Spotlight?

Richard L. Hamilton rlhamil at smart.net
Wed Nov 17 18:57:52 UTC 2021

I also haven't found an intended command line way or program API to add a directory to exclude from Spotlight. (they are buried in a plist file in the Spotlight data directory for the particular mount point, and one could use command line tools to add it there, but I would NOT recommend risking it)

But in System Preferences ->Spotlight->Privacy tab, the usual command-shift-G type the path works just fine to set a directory (not needing to be a volume mount point) to exclude. That's probably needed because /opt/local/var/macports has the Finder invisible flag set.

eMail:				mailto:rlhamil at smart.net