Does MacPorts depend on Spotlight?

André-John Mas andrejohn.mas at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 19:26:32 UTC 2021

A bit more digging gives me this following stackexchange question: https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/87090/how-to-programatically-add-folder-to-spotlight-do-not-index <https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/87090/how-to-programatically-add-folder-to-spotlight-do-not-index>

On 12.0.1 I do confirm that the folder exclusions indicated in the System Preferences are there: /System/Volumes/Data/.Spotlight-V100/VolumeConfiguration.plist

On the other hand `sudo mdutil -P /` returns a different file, while `sudo mdutil -P /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD` returns nothing.

Additionally, `sudo mdutil -L /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD` returns `Spotlight directory not found at root: /Volumes/Macintosh HD`, while `sudo mdutil -L /` returns:

/private/var/db/Spotlight-V100/BootVolume:
drwx------   2     0     0         64 Aug 25 2021 16:27 Store-V2
-rw-------   1     0     0       4316 Aug 25 2021 16:28 VolumeConfiguration.plist

/private/var/db/Spotlight-V100/BootVolume/Store-V2:

That's as good as I have for now.